Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Books

Reading is very important.
It greatly bothers me the number of students who say "I hate to read".
In addition to having a great library with a full time librarian in every school (and I know many that do not), I think books should be all around the school. Book shelves in every classroom. Teachers can have some more content specific items, as well as things that they like/have read. I was lucky to have a Principal that also bought 2 rolling magazine racks for me to put outside my classroom. There are many Science and Maker magazines to share. If it is important, we should also make time for it during the. school day.

Here is a list of #MakerSpace books to check out. Some are projects, some are story books, some are #Maker philosophy...

{ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/195AiQqtUZwlMuTolePU08L8jbr12hjIoHQW1WqjuODM/edit?usp=sharing }

Building a Little Free Library could be another good way to promote reading. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

we love to hear from you. though we will moderate comments to ensure appropriateness